I am so jealous of Susan McGalla who is known for her contributions to six-time Super Bowl winners, the Pittsburg Steelers. Susan is the retail queen who launched a new website and fashion line for the Steelers. She heard the fans and responded to our cries for more black and gold clothing and memorabilia to honor our beloved NFL team. Who wouldn’t want a job in the front office of their favorite NFL players? WOW! The “wear what we wear” campaign was her brain child and fans responded. Anything you saw players or coaches wearing in interviews or on the sidelines became available online for quick and easy purchasing. I’m certain it’s illegal to live in Pittsburg and not own Steeler chotskies. You can even buy a Steeler Shot Ski!
Susan was born in East Liverpool, Ohio in May 1964 and was raised with two brothers, plus a Dad who was a local football coach. Her undergraduate degree in business and marketing came from Mount Union College in 1986. She married a wealth manager, Stephen McGalla.
Her professional career is amazing. Before she became the Vice President of Business Strategy and Creative Development in February 2015, she founded her own organization P3 Executive Consulting, LLC. As founder, she offered advisory services to Wall Street and financial communities regarding buy/sell investing and analysis. She also specialized in branding, merchandising, marketing and Omni channel execution strategies. Other roles include:
- CEO of The Wet Seal, Inc. where she was charged with reinventing two brands that had been mostly idle for ten years. She introduced a new brand strategy, annual budgets, creative and financial planning and by virtue of her excellent reputation, acquired incredible executive and middle manager talent.
- An independent consultant in the retail industry
- President, Chief Merchandising Officer with American Eagle Outfitters where she grew income to over $3 billion, from $340 million. In addition, she expanded one brand to four.
- Joseph Horne Company was her first job out of college, and she held several marketing and manager roles.
Susan also shares her expertise on several boards including:
- Mount Union College Board of Advisors
- Board member of HFF, Inc.
- Magee Women’s Hospital Research Institute and Foundation
- University of Pittsburgh (former trustee)
- Former director at Allegheny Conference on Community Development
Not only is Susan known for being a leading female business woman, but she has also been named number five on the top ten list of highest paid women in retail (2009, $4.86 million). In 2014, CNN declared Susan to be one of the most respected people in the fashion branding universe. And in 2015, the PRNewswire shared an article about her impacts as a woman in executive leadership.